- 3D structure and response of bacterial communities to antibiotics: Connell, Jodi L., Eric T. Ritschdorff, Marvin Whiteley, and Jason B. Shear. “3D printing of microscopic bacterial communities.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 110, no. 46 (2013): 18380-18385.
- Adam Feinberg — 3D Printing in Gel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=75&v=Al7YQsWe1M8
- Drug Delivery: Goole, Jonathan, and Karim Amighi. “3D printing in pharmaceutics: a new tool for designing customized drug delivery systems.” International journal of pharmaceutics 499, no. 1 (2016): 376-394.
- Anatomy Education (letter to the editor, not necessarily research): AbouHashem, Yousef, Manisha Dayal, Stephane Savanah, and Goran Štrkalj. “The application of 3D printing in anatomy education.” Medical education online 20, no. 1 (2015): 29847.
- Surgery: Malik, Hammad H., Alastair RJ Darwood, Shalin Shaunak, Priyantha Kulatilake, A. Abdulrahman, Omar Mulki, and Aroon Baskaradas. “Three-dimensional printing in surgery: a review of current surgical applications.” journal of surgical research 199, no. 2 (2015): 512-522.
- Optics: Zhang, Chenlong, Nicholas C. Anzalone, Rodrigo P. Faria, and Joshua M. Pearce. “Open-source 3D-printable optics equipment.” PloS one 8, no. 3 (2013): e59840.
- Amos Dudley: Orthoprint, or How I Open-Sourced My Face